You can’t countdown to New Year’s without a drink in your hand. We’ve put together 8 drink recipes to toast the New Year. Try a classic go-to drink, a fun unique cocktail or a festive mocktail! There is something for everyone on this list!
NYE Cocktails For One
The classic Cuban cocktail with a New Year’s twist by adding chilled Champagne.
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 ounces lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces run
- 2 dashes bitters
- 2 ounces champagne or Prosecco, chilled
- In a pint or mixing glass, muddle together mint, lime juice, and simple syrup. Add rum and bitters; shake over ice. Strain into a cocktail glass, top with Champagne, and sip until the crashing sound of overly tired kids begin to sound like crashing waves on a beach.
If you’re the kind of girl who loves to sip on something sweet and look glamorous doing it, this is the drink for you. And why shouldn’t you look and feel glamorous!? Recipe by How Sweet It Is
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean (beans scraped from pod)
- 2 ounces of a coconut juice blend or coconut pureed nectar
- Prosecco or Champagne
- Combine white sugar with scraped seeds of the vanilla bean. You can do this a few days ahead of time if desired. Wet the rim of a champagne flutes with coconut juice or nectar and then coat with the sugar/bean mixture. Pour the coconut juice blend or puree into the bottom of the flute. Fill the remaining space with prosecco or champagne and gently stir with a long spoon to mix. Cheers to being glamorous!
A classic, yet simple, cocktail for New Years.
- 1 1/2 ounces Gin
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Sparkling Wine
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice and shake well. Strain into a martini glass, top with sparkling wine. Yum!
For when you’re like me and usually hit the hay early (because kids and 6am seem to love each other), a coffee cocktail will help you stay awake long enough to ring in the New Year.
- 1 1/2 ounces Bailey’s (Please, for the love of all mighty, do not buy generic cream liqueur. You deserve a treat)
- 1/2 ounces Smirnoff Peppermint Twist Vodka
- 6 ounces your favorite coffee
- Top with whipped cream and a dash of cocoa powder if you want.
- Sip and let that caffeine keep you going till the ball drops!
NYE Cocktails For The Group
These each make about 6 servings…depending on how heavy-handed you are with the ladle. Double recipe if needed (did I even need to say that last part…?)
For when you’re feeling fancy, but also want to party – pinkies up!
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liquer
- 1 bottle Champagne (about 3 cups)
- Lime wedges and salt or rim
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir well.
- Run lime wedges around the rim of each champagne flute and dip the rims in coarse salt.
- Divide margaritas between flutes and garnish with lime wedges.
For when you want your house to smell amazing and get a good solid buzz.
- 1 bottle medium-full bodied dry red wine (i.e. Zinfandel, Cabernet)
- 1/2 cup brandy (or Grand Marnier if you really like citrus)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 orange – cut into wedges
- 1 cup of cranberries (Fresh or frozen, NOT dried)
- 8-10 cloves – pushed into the peel of the orange wedges (This is so you can remove them easily and not swallow them whole by accident!)
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon (or 2-3 cinnamon sticks if you’re really channeling your inner Martha Stewart)
- Add all ingredients to large saucepan
- Heat over medium-high until just at a simmer (Don’t let it boil – that will burn off the alcohol and, well, what’s the point then?!)
- Reduce to low for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Strain out orange wedges/cloves (You can leave in the cranberries or strain them too)
- Serve warm in coffee mugs or glasses
- Hint :: Keep warm in a small crock pot set to low/keep warm.
Whether your guests are soon-to-be mommy’s, designated drivers, kids, or simply guests that choose not to drink, you can offer them something equally fabulous to toast the New Year!
- Ginger ale
- White grape juice
- Fresh Raspberries
- Combine equal parts ginger ale and white grape juice in champagne flute or kid friendly cup. Garnish with a few fresh raspberries.
Sparkling Cran-Pineapple Punch
- 3 cups 100% pure pineapple juice, chilled
- 3 cups cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 4 cups ginger ale
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (NOT dried)
- 1/2 lime, sliced thinly
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine all ingredients and gently stir to combine. Serve in cocktail glasses or kid friendly cups. THAT’S IT!
Have an amazing cocktail recipe to share with Victoria moms? Share it in the comments section below and we will feature you and your recipe in this post! Also, be sure to check out our Family-Friendly Victoria NYE Guide for fun events going on in and around Victoria this New Years Eve. Have a safe and happy New Years everyone!