We are so excited to begin telling you about all of the changes you will be seeing here at Victoria Moms Blog in the next few months. New resources! New content! New writers! Fantastic Giveaways! Upcoming events & supporting the many local causes in our city! And of course the same stuff that started it all and will continue to be the foundation of this blog and parenting resource: like the supportive community, some familiar faces, sharing stories by local moms, and of course a love for Victoria and the mothers who live here. So without further adieu, I present you with The Moms Behind the Victoria Moms Blog!
1. I am a mom to: two awesome kiddos: Ella 3 years and Evan 4 months.
2. Our favourite family activity is: spending time at the beach, we also enjoy checking out all of the great seasonal festivities around town.
3. My guilty pleasure is: chocolate covered jujubes
4. The one item I cannot live without is: the first thing that comes to mind is coffee, maybe it’s because I’m tired, but you really can’t beat a cup of hot coffee in the morning
5. A song I have to sing out loud: hmmm, anything that comes on the radio in the car that I know the words too.
1. I am a Mom to: a sweet, affectionate, loving … and recently very independent 3-year old. A common phrase heard around our house these days is: “I can do it Mama”.
2. Our favourite family activity is: exploring events and festivals around town – Christmas time is our favourite with all of the parades and other festivities!
3. My guilty pleasure is showering uninterrupted on the weekend when my husband is home to entertain our daughter! And Chai lattes. And Netflix in the evenings!
4. The one thing I can’t live without: my family and closest friends. Family dinners, board game nights, baseball in the front yard …
5. Song I have to sing out loud: Wow, I’m having troubles thinking of a song I’ve heard lately that doesn’t cater to toddlers! One of our family favourites these days is “Guantanamera” – a Cuban song on a CD called Latin Playground. My husband’s first language is Spanish and we are hoping to teach our daughter. She loves this song, and the 3 of us belt out the chorus in the car!
1. I am a mom to: 2 amazing little boys (ages 2 and 4)
2. Our favourite family activity is: exploring in the forest
3. My guilty pleasure: amazing skincare (and eye cream to hide my mom eyes!)
4. The one item I cannot live without: WIFI (how did we ever live without such easy (and FREE!) connection to friends world wide!)
5. Song I have to sing out loud: bohemian rhapsody
1. I am a mom to: One baby coming in February (and two step-kids – girl of 18 and boy of 9)
2. Our favourite family activity is: Getting together with extended family for large, raucous meals. Thanksgiving involved a family wide game of “Pie Face”.
3. My guilty pleasure: Disappearing into a good book or audio-book.
4. The one item I cannot live without: Sushi…its killing me to be without raw fish while pregnant!
5. Song I have to sing out loud: An oldie but a goodie – Barbara Streisand & Donna Summer singing “Enough is Enough”…gotta belt it out!
1. I am a mom to: two boys of very opposite nature, 3 year old Oliver and 6 month old Henry. Can you guess which one is the extrovert?
2. Our favourite family activity is: Going for walks or hikes to provincial parks/beaches. Mystic Beach is one of our favourites.
3. My guilty pleasure: Expensive wine. It’s great that my partner doesn’t like wine!!
4. The one item I cannot live without: A daily shower. No matter how busy I am, I make it happen.
5. Song I have to sing out loud: Frank Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald songs.
This picture was taken as part of our maternity/family pictures last winter when I was 33 weeks pregnant with my 2nd son.
1. I am a mom to: 2 lovely ladies 6 years and almost 11 months
2. Our favourite family activity is: Going camping or playing at the park
3. My guilty pleasure: Eating chocolate while watching terrible TV shows
4. The one item I cannot live without: Music
5. Song I have to sing out loud: Everything! My daughter and I love singing.
1. I am a Mom to: two sweet, beautiful and smart little girls aged 7.5 and recently 1!
2. Our favorite family activity is: Saturday morning adventures. We get in the van a drive till we find somewhere fun to explore.
3. My guilty pleasure: is a spoon full of peanut butter covered in chocolate chips… mmmmmm…
4. The one item I cannot live without: My phone. It connects me to my world. I use it constantly for business duties, shopping and staying connected.
5. Song I have to sing out loud: There isn’t just one. I’m old school and will belt out the entire album of Alanis Morissette’s “Jagged Little Pill”
1. I am a mom to: a whimsical 5 month old little girl
2. Our favourite family activity is: sunset walks along Dallas road. Well it is more of a necessity as my spoiled little daughter needs this in order to sleep every night!
3. My guilty pleasure: Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream…gets me every time…even when I’m trying to limit dairy…
4. The one item I cannot live without: my husband. He is my plan A, plan B, plan C to everything!
5. Song I have to sing out loud: “All I do is WIN” by DJ Khaled
1. I am a mom to: two wonderful little girls. A hilarious and brilliant 2 year old girl and a happy going 5 month old
2. Our favourite family activity is: playing in our backyard veggie garden
3. My guilty pleasure: I have to say I have lots of little pleasures, like ice cream! But I don’t feel so guilty about it!
4. The one item I cannot live without: I could not live without all the love around me by my husband, family and friends.
5. Song I have to sing out loud: Pretty much anything that gets me pumped up. At the moment I’m pretty jazzed about “can’t stop the feeling” by Justin Timberlake
1. I am a mom to: Gracie (10) and Aubrey (1)
2. Our favourite family activity is: Going for a walk in the neighbourhood
3. My guilty pleasure: Napping
4. The one item I cannot live without: My bed!
5. Song I have to sing out loud: Sia’s “Cheap Thrills”, Aubrey loves dancing to this song too
1. I am a mom to: Laila Anne
2. Our favourite family activity is: Play with Max the cat!
3. My guilty pleasure: Sparkles and Rice Krispie squares
4. The one item I cannot live without: Mascara and running shoes!
5. Song I have to sing out loud: Groove is in the Heart by Dee-Lite and anything from Rocky Horror Picture Show!
1. I am a mom to: Andrew, born September 7, 2016
2. Our favourite family activity is: couch snuggles and Netflix on rainy days, walks through the park or by the ocean on sunny days
3. My guilty pleasure: milk chocolate chip cookies (or any cookies!) with a giant glass of cold milk OR a cup of hot chocolate. Mmmm!
4. The one item I cannot live without: My vehicle. The freedom to go anywhere and do anything at a moments notice is priceless.
5. Song I have to sing out loud: Any Christmas Carol (the more obscure the better) or ABBA song. How can you not want to dance and sing when you hear ABBA?
1. I am a mom to: Lucas (11)
2. Our favourite family activity is: Driving out to the local farms in Central Saanich and seeing who can spot the most farm animals on our way. Then stopping at Dan’s Farm for produce and treats!
3. My guilty pleasure: Triple Grande Mocha from Starbucks
4. The one item I cannot live without: My amazing bed! A good night’s sleep rules my world!
5. Song I have to sing out loud: “PPAP” Pen Pineapple Apple Pen … what?! You haven’t heard of this viral video/song? YouTube it now! You’re welcome. (welcome to my life with a Middle Schooler!)
1. I am a mom to: Ellie (10), Otto (7), and Freya (15 months)
2. Our favorite family activity is: exploring where we live, travel
3. My guilty pleasure is: coffee. I buy myself a flat white way too often but I consider it my bonus.
4. The one item I cannot live without: My nespresso milk frother. Without it I’d spend even more money on flat whites. At least with it I can make a decent facsimile at home for a fraction of the cost.
5. Song I have to sing out loud: No One’s Gonna Love You (Quite Like I Do) complete with actions that embarrass the heck out of my 10 year old daughter. I sing it to her.
1. I am a momma to Rupert Finch, our handsome wee man of nearly 5 months! He’s a dream!
2. Our favourite family activity is walkin’ with the babe and the two pups, Pickle & Olive, in tow, and our never-ending house renovations make this list right now too!
3. My guilty pleasures are red wine and dessert…desserts with every meal.
4. The one item I cannot live without these days, being on the go to a supercharged level, is Matt & Nat’s Fabi Backpack – it holds Rupe’s things, my laptop and all the day to day goods, and is mindless to lug around all day.
5. The song that I have to sing out loud is a Twirl Me by Wildlight, or, any song with an air of the 80s.
1. I am a mom to: a busy a caring almost 2 year old girl
2. Our favorite family activity is: anything outside! Wagon rides, quad rides, bonfires, puddle jumping…a word frequently heard in our house is “Jump! Jump! Jump!”
3. My guilty pleasure is: I have 2. Cookie dough or Nutella – I’ll take a spoonful (or 3) of either any day as my “kid is in bed” treat!
4. The one item I cannot live without: Coffee! Grandma had to recent back me up with this one when a friend commented on how much coffee I drink in a day now compared to before I had my daughter- “you just wait until you are at home with a baby all day”.
5. Song I have to sing out loud: Anything from the late 90’s. You know, when the boy/girl band era was taking off. “Yoooo, I’ll ya what I want, what I really really, want!”. Yep, I just sang that as I typed it. Admit it…you totally sang it in your head as you read it too 😉
Have a suggestion or an idea for what you would like to see on Victoria Moms Blog? Drop us a line below in a comment or contact us HERE!