Victoria Moms Blog is growing and we are expanding our executive team. We are looking for a passionate and community minded individual to join our team behind the scenes as a Sales Coordinator! This is a part-time, contract/commission, work from home position with flexible hours.
The Sales Coordinator’s goal will be to build business by identifying new prospects and maintaining current relationships. She will sell advertising by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions and creating new ones when needed. She will work to develop new marketing strategies for Victoria Moms Blog to offer clients and help meet the needs of clients looking to engage readers in unique ways and to bring in optimal profit.
Victoria Moms Blog is a newer start up business and there is huge opportunity for new sales and growth within this role. We are looking for someone who thinks as a team member, not an employee. Someone who will bring their ideas, passion and experience to the table, works well within team, ability to take initiative with little supervision, and wants to OWN their role within the VMB team.
Time Commitment ::
Approx. 5-15 hours per week
Commission based. 20% of all new client sales
**New client sales are those that do not currently have a working relationship with Victoria Moms Blog. 10% will be paid of sales negotiated with existing Victoria Moms Blog partners and clients, with the potential to earn monthly bonuses.
Monthly Sales Goal ::
TBD upon acceptance
Job Responsibilities ::
- Manage and respond to all incoming advertising inquiries.
- Solicit new advertising business via email, phone or in person from local businesses that would attract moms and families in the Greater Victoria area.
- Maintain contact and ongoing relationships with previous and existing clients.
- Create advertising campaigns that meet the needs of the advertiser and brings in optimal profit (ie: strategic, timely image ads with corresponding sponsored posts, sponsored guide, giveaway, etc)
- Be creative and work with VMB owner to develop new marketing strategies and special occasion/seasonal campaigns.
- Delegate all advertising campaigns once agreement and details are completed (ie: receive images ads from advertiser and send to VMB owner for publishing, coordinates with VMB owner when invoicing is needed or sponsored posts need to be assigned for writing)
- Respond to all emails in a timely manner (within 1 business day)
- Represent Victoria Moms Blog in a positive & friendly, yet professional manner at all times
- Assists in writing sponsored posts (when unable to assign)
- Previous sales experience (marketing and advertising sales preferred but not mandatory)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
- Basic understanding and comfort level of office programs (Email, Word, Google Docs, Excel). Does not need to be in-depth, but a basic foundation of computer program knowledge and skill set are a must.
- Knowledge of FTC guidelines an asset, but not manditory.
- Ability to work both within a team and independently.
- Dedication to promoting team morale.
- Available for monthly meetings with VMB owner (in-person and/or video call. Wine, chocolate, and the like may be included 😉 ).
- Positive attitude, outgoing, friendly and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.