Your children are growing up fast! Don’t wait to learn how to use your camera so that you can capture photos of them while they are still young and growing.
This 3 hour hands-on workshop is tailored to moms (and dads!) looking to learn the basics of photography and to teach moms and dads how to use their camera to take better photos of their kids in between their professional photo sessions. Gain both creative and technical confidence no matter what kind of camera you own!
Perhaps you bought a quality camera with the good intentions of learning to use it but instead look at it like, “I wish I knew how to use this thing better,” and simply set it to ‘auto’ and so your shots aren’t turning out as good as you had hoped? Or maybe the settings are just too overwhelming and so you default to using your smartphone? Maybe your kids play sports and you can’t seem to get a clear, non-blurry photo?
Whatever your reason is, Victoria Moms Blog and Raj from Ra Photography Studio have come together to offer this workshop for moms and dads because they believe that while it’s great to hire a professional photographer for special occasions (and essential when it comes to life’s milestones!)…it is equally important to be able to capture frame-worthy photos yourself of your families everyday life that have that lasting effect.
Mama Photography Workshop Details:
Who :: Moms (Dad’s are welcome too!) looking to take better everyday photos of their kids and family.
When :: Saturday, October 7, 2017 from 1:00pm– 4:00pm
Where :: Juan de Fuca Library Meeting Room, 1759 Island Hwy Colwood, BC
What You Will Learn ::
- Easy to implement topics such as light, composition, seeing photo opportunities, and discovering the things you want to capture – all things you can do without camera knowledge to improve your photos fast!
- Basic Gear – what’s out there, what’s affordable.
- Why shoot in manual mode? Brief explanation of the exposure triangle: Shutter, Aperture, ISO.
- Overcoming, ‘But my kid won’t let me take their photo!’ Taking candid photos to evoke memories and tell a story.
- Approx 30 minutes of shooting practice and Q & A
- 15 ladies max to allow for ample time for each individual.
- Fun! We’ll laugh, you’ll learn, and most importantly, you’ll walk away with a better understanding in how to photograph those everyday memories of your family.
- All course material & paper to write notes included in a folder for you to keep, as well as light snacks and beverages will be provided.
Take Home ::
- New friendships with other area mommy/daddy photography enthusiasts
- Invitation to private Facebook group for Workshop Attendees for support, questions, & to post photos showing off what you’ve learned!
What This Workshop Isn’t ::
- This workshop is not about the business end of photography or how to start your photography business. We will not discuss professional photography vendors for print products.
- This workshop does not cover post-processing techniques. We recommend a one on one mentoring session with Raj for editing help.
- This workshop does not cover posing or prop/backdrop set ups. Raj shoots very candid, documentary story-telling images, so that is what’s taught.
If you feel your photos aren’t turning out the way you’d like, grab whatever camera you have…heck, grab a friend too, reserve your spot, and join us for our Mama Photography Workshop. As a mom herself, Raj will help train your eyes to become like little shutters and make you more confident in using your camera, or even your smartphone, so you can quickly execute that shot to remember when living in the moment with your family.
Any questions regarding the workshop content, please contact course instructor, Raj, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BE SURE TO JOIN US ON THE FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE FOR ALL THE UP-TO-THE-MOMENT UPDATES FOR THE MAMA PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP!
Disclaimers: Hold Harmless. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to assume all of the risks associated with your participation. You further agree that both Victoria Moms Blog & Ra Photography Studio shall not be liable and shall be held harmless in any manner for injuries suffered by you and your invitees, guests, or agents. Tickets are non-refundable but may be transferred at the purchaser’s discretion. By purchasing a ticket, you understand that your photo may be taken and give permission for Victoria Moms Blog & Ra Photography Studio to use it on their site, in promotional materials and/or social media platforms.